Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund
ALCOA WAROONA SUSTAINABILITY FUND
GRANT ROUND NOW OPEN
Local groups and organisations are advised that the Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund Committee will be conducting a 2nd round of grant funding in April 2017. Application forms and guidelines will be available from the Shire office or by clicking the links below, with applications closing on 5 May.
Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund Grant Application
Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund Grant Guidelines
Local Groups Benefit from Wagerup Sustainability Fund Payments
Several local groups are in the process of being notified that they are the successful recipients of $339,840 in grants from the Wagerup Sustainability Fund, a fund contributed to by Alcoa Australia and held by Perpetual. The local Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund Advisory Committee called for applications for funding earlier this year and the following grants have been approved –
Waroona Lions Club $15840 towards the purchase of a mobile cool room; Preston Beach Volunteer Bushfire Brigade $20,000 towards CCTV for their new fire station; Quambie Park Waroona Inc $90,000 towards the refurbishment of 4 resident bedrooms and bathrooms; Waroona Men’s Shed Inc $90,000 towards the construction of a purpose built men’s shed and Waroona Health & Community Centre $124,000 towards an extension of the centre.
In 2014 the Advisory Committee distributed $325,000 in grants to local organisations.
GRANT FUNDS AWARDED BY THE ALCOA WAROONA SUSTAINABILITY FUND COMMITTEE
In October 2013 the Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund Committee was formed to oversee the Alcoa Waroona Sustainability Fund (AWSF) and the Wagerup Sustainability Fund (WSF). The AWSF has a current balance of $881,000 and the WSF had a balance of $639,000 before grants were awarded.
In early 2014 the Committee announced the first grant funding round from the Wagerup Sustainability Fund. Prior to funds being allocated approval was required from The Trust Company, the company who administer the tax requirements of the fund.
I am pleased to advise that the following grants have met with final approval and have been funded –
- $4,160 to the Girl Guides Waroona for training and minor building improvements.
- $13,900 to the Lake Clifton Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade for earthworks required for a new shed to house their fire truck.
- $6,600 to the Waroona Community Resource Centre to undertake a feasibility study for proposed extensions to the current centre.
- $15,000 to the Waroona Anglican Opportunity Shop for shop fittings for their new shop in Fouracre St.
- $5,830 to the Waroona Men’s Shed to assist with their planning of a shed for Waroona.
- $79,417 to Waroona Lions Club for extensions to the John Marchetti Shed and storage shed at the showgrounds.
- $200,000 over 2 years, to Quambie Park Waroona to assist with the upgrading of residents rooms.