The Shire of Waroona is pleased to announce that it has received funding from the Department of Sport and Recreation to administer KidSport.
This program provides an opportunity for children to participate in community sport and recreation. Clubs must first register with the Shire of Waroona which then allows children to redeem vouchers with their chosen club for the nominated season. These vouchers are then reimbursed by the Shire of Waroona through the KidSport funding.
Eligible families must hold a Health Care or Pension Concession Card. Exceptions do apply and registered financial assessors may also validate vouchers.
What are the eligible criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Parent / Guardian must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or be referred by an approved financial assessor
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the Shire of Waroona (exceptions may apply).
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in the Shire of Waroona (exceptions may apply).
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club.)
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to applications per family as long as criteria is met.
Should you have any queries relating to KidSport, please contact Brad Vitale – Community Development Officer on 9733 7800 or email email@example.com
Link to DSR website: http://clubsonline.dsr.wa.gov.au/kidsport.