Council's Ranger is responsible for the enforcement and administration of a number of State Statues and Council Local Laws throughout the Shire.
The administration of these Statutes and Local Laws include investigating complaints, providing public education and awareness and the issue of Infringement Notices or instigation of Prosecutions for non-compliance.
The State Legislation administered and enforced by the Rangers include the following:
- Local Government Act 1995
- Local Government Miscellaneous provisions Act 1960
- Dog Act 1976 & regulations
- Litter Act 1979 & regulations
- Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995 and regulations 1997
- Bush fires Act 1954 & regulations
- Control of vehicles (off road areas) Act 1978
In addition to the State Statutes Council's Ranger administer and enforce a number of various Local Laws, which have been adopted by the Council.
Council's Ranger can be contacted on 9733 7816.