Total Fire Bans
The Dept of Fire & Emergency Services have developed a Fact Sheet detailing activities that are and are not permitted during Total Fire bans. Please click here to download a copy, or alternatively go to the DFES website by clicking on this link.
Vehicle Movement Bans
BUSH FIRES ACT 1954
Regulation 24C (Total Fire Ban)
The Shire may from time to time impose a Harvest and Vehicle Movement Ban.
This means the use of engines, vehicle, plant or machinery likely to cause a bush fire.
(Commonly referred to as Harvest and Movement of Vehicles in paddocks bans)
Activities not permitted during the period of this ban
- Harvesting operations are not permitted.
- Any “hot works” (e.g. welding, grinding, cutting, heating etc in the “open air” are not permitted, (note – these activities are not permitted during the term of any declared Total Fire Ban).
- Other – Use or operation of any engine, vehicle, plant, equipment or machinery in the area likely to cause a bush fire or contribute to the spread of a bush fire.
Activities permitted during the period of this ban
- Movement of Vehicles on “gazetted roads” (as described in Bush Fires regulations 24A(1) and Road Traffic Act 1974 section 5.1)).
- Movement of vehicles on a lane, driveway, yard or other area that provides access to, or a parking facility at, any residential, farming or business premises, if the area has been sufficiently cleared of flammable material to prevent the escape of fire.
- Use or operation of a vehicle if it is for the prevention of an immediate and serious risk to the health or safety of a person or livestock, and only if all reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent the activity from creating a bush fire danger.
Use or operations of vehicle and undertaking of “hot works” by those persons holding a current Exemption under Bush Fires Act 1954 s. 22C Exemption form.
For further information please contact the Shire Office or your local fire control officer.
Regsiter your mobile
The Shire of Waroona has implemented a SMS Notification Service for Total Fire Ban & Harvest & Vehicle Movement Bans. As soon as a Total Fire Ban or Harvest & Vehicle Movement Ban is called, all mobile phones registered will receive a SMS directly to their mobile phone. This service is free of charge. Please note that these bans are called by the Waroona Chief Bushfire Control Officer.
Terms and Conditions
- By subscribing to this service you agree to receive SMS messages from the Shire of Waroona regarding “Harvest and Vehicle Movement Bans” and other bans imposed during the fire season.
- You accept that by subscribing to this service you will receive message for the current and future fire seasons.
- The Shire of Waroona reserves the right to discontinue this service at any time. Any decision to discontinue this service will be advised via this SMS service.
- You accept that radio announcements are still the primary means of notification of bans. In the event of a discrepancy between this SMS service and an announcement on the radio, the latter shall prevail.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from this service at any time. To unsubscribe, please notify the Shire of Waroona in writing, via fax on (08) 9733 1883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Do Not attempt to unsubscribe via replying to an SMS notification.
- You accept that the Shire may from time to time use this SMS service to send other topical messages.
If you have any further enquires please do not hesitate to contact the Shire of Waroona office during normal business hours on 9733 7800.
To register for this service please email your details to email@example.com or phone the Shire Office on 9733 7800.