Bushfire prone areas

DFES has created an online map showing all areas in WA that are prone to bushfires.

If your new dwelling is proposed in a bushfire prone area (in a pink area on the map), then you are required to submit a BAL Certificate and report with your building application.

If your addition to your dwelling is proposed in a bushfire prone area, please confirm with your building surveyor (private or council) if you need a BAL assessment.

The Shire only accepts accredited bushfire assessors and reports that are no more than 1 year old. You can find the accredited bushfire assessors on the Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA) website.