Can I subdivide my lot?

Subdivision of land is dependent upon several factors, including the requirements of the Shire’s Town Planning Scheme, the Residential Design Codes of WA and any relevant planning strategies. Subdivision in WA is governed by the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC). Subdivision applications are made to the WAPC who then refer applications to the relevant local government for a recommendation. If you are interested in subdividing it is suggested you contact the Shire’s Planning Department for advice in the first instance.